a member of a group of North African peoples, including the ancient Egyptians and Berbers, supposedly descended from Ham, son of Noah.
a ruler, or the supreme ruler, of Ethiopia.
ORIGIN from Amharic n’gus ‘king’.
Conflict Resolution William Glasser
Justice System Cost $74 billion per year
Bail $9 billion a year.
State prisons averaged Tax payers $31,286 per inmate in 2010
A person with Ubuntu is open and available to others, affirming of others, does not feel threatened that others are able and good, based from a proper self-assurance that comes from knowing that he or she belongs in a greater whole and is diminished when others are humiliated or diminished, when others are tortured or oppressed.
Tutu further explained Ubuntu in 2008:
One of the sayings in our country is Ubuntu – the essence of being human. Ubuntu speaks particularly about the fact that you can’t exist as a human being in isolation. It speaks about our interconnectedness. You can’t be human all by yourself, and when you have this quality – Ubuntu – you are known for your generosity.
We think of ourselves far too frequently as just individuals, separated from one another, whereas you are connected and what you do affects the whole World. When you do well, it spreads out; it is for the whole of humanity.
A traveller through a country would stop at a village and he didn’t have to ask for food or for water. Once he stops, the people give him food and attend him. That is one aspect of Ubuntu, but it will have various aspects. Ubuntu does not mean that people should not enrich themselves. The question therefore is: Are you going to do so in order to enable the community around you to be able to improve?
Ubuntu is recognised as being an important source of law within the context of strained or broken relationships amongst individuals or communities and as an aid for providing remedies which contribute towards more mutually acceptable remedies for the parties in such cases. Ubuntu is a concept which:
- is to be contrasted with vengeance;
- dictates that a high value be placed on the life of a human being;
- is inextricably linked to the values of and which places a high premium on dignity, compassion, humaneness and respect for humanity of another;
- dictates a shift from confrontation to mediation and conciliation;
- dictates good attitudes and shared concern;
- favours the re-establishment of harmony in the relationship between parties and that such harmony should restore the dignity of the plaintiff without ruining the defendant;
- favours restorative rather than retributive justice;
- operates in a direction favouring reconciliation rather than estrangement of disputants;
- works towards sensitising a disputant or a defendant in litigation to the hurtful impact of his actions to the other party and towards changing such conduct rather than merely punishing the disputant;
- promotes mutual understanding rather than punishment;
- favours face-to-face encounters of disputants with a view to facilitating differences being resolved rather than conflict and victory for the most powerful;
- favours civility and civilised dialogue premised on mutual tolerance.
Quote Jackson says Quote: I think it (Affordable Health Care) is the biggest travesty in American history. It is forcing people to pay for other people’s health care, because they’re either too lazy or they know they can get the money from someone other than themselves….Republicans don’t pay taxes.
As though slavery never exists as the greatest world travesty. Slavery was only for some; Obama Care (AHC) is for all, equally. Under today’s 13th amendment Prison Industry charter, children are kidnapped, forced to work for free to pay the well being of others.
(Quote: because they’re either too lazy or they know they can get the money from other than themselves). Similarly, as Americans sit around their dinner table to watch flies come to rest on the mouths of children in Somalia, (a country markedly, rich in natural gas and oil and in natural resources that are the making of a highest ratio to GDP).
The US’ addiction to oil sustains this travesty. To speak of, Health care, for all, as a travesty demeans your humankind, to say the least.
From 1966-1976 soviets supplied $600M worth of weapons to #Somalia a land the size of Texas home to 7M people. This amount would mean each Somali citizen man, woman and child received $85M US dollars per Somali citizen to kill each one another. In 1970, under the then Soviet Union, dictator Siad Barre came to power. He was to rule with these weapons, gifted by your brethren, for the next 21 years through brutal oppression and by pitting different clans against each other.
After the Soviet Union pulled out in 1977, the United States became Barre’s primary benefactor; his regime had one of the world’s worst human rights records. If we don’t stand up for our children against people of your mindset, against those perched to see Americans divide and be conquered by the 30 or less percent
(Only 30 percent of Americans were slave owners) than we are Somalia. Those of us, of a like mind stand for the change that elected this president in 2008 and 2012. We demand that he does not blink.
Somali, once a country of one language divided into six clans.
The irrational fear of everything divide to conquer