Their “masters of the universe” world view is that they or their daddies or their daddies’ daddies were the ones who “built America” and that if the country’s less-deserving inhabitants insist on raising taxes on the rich to level the playing field to a fairness for all position, than #Alec will pull down the temple and destroy the whole thing.
They cry ‘States Rights’. “States’ rights” have had a long and grim history in the United States, touted from the early years of the Republic. An active federal government is needed to address challenges. If the Great American Middle Class is to survive, Congress will have to raise taxes on the rich and invest that money in national infrastructure, cutting-edge research, affordable education, expanded health care and other domestic programs. If global warming is to be slowed and eventually reversed, the federal government must move quickly to reduce carbon dioxide and other emissions while revamping the U.S. energy system.
But the Right wants to prevent such government activism. So, it has developed strategies to give more weight to the votes of white Republicans and less weight to the votes of blacks, Hispanics and other groups that tend to go Democratic. That’s why organizations supported by the Koch Brothers and other right-wing billionaires have backed Republican efforts to impose strict voter ID laws, reduce voting hours and aggressively gerrymander congressional districts to lump Democratic votes in one while ensuring solid Republican majorities in others.
Americans pay the same percentage of the taxes as they earn of the income. Siegel sent the thousands of employees at Westgate a long letter saying that if Barack Obama is re-elected, Siegel might be forced to lay many of them off. adds, “If any new taxes are levied on me, or my company, as our current President plans, I will have no choice but to reduce the size of this company.”
Koch brothers following suit: sending a letter to all 45,000 employees of Georgia Pacific, the Koch-owned paper company, listing the parade of horribles that will descend on them if the president is returned to office.
Sec. ____. Labor; Pay.
(1) The board may develop by rule and the department may administer an incentive pay scale for work program participants consistent with rules adopted by the Private Sector Prison Industries Oversight Authority under Subchapter D. Prison industries may be financed through contributions donated for this purpose by private businesses contracting with the department. The department shall apportion pay earned by a work program participant in the same manner as is required by rules adopted by the Private Sector Prison Industries Oversight Authority under Subchapter D.
Sec. ____. Industrial Receipts.
The division may use money appropriated to the division in amounts corresponding to receipts from the sale of articles and products under this subchapter to purchase real property, erect buildings, improve facilities, buy equipment and tools, install or replace equipment, buy industrial raw materials and supplies, and pay for other necessary expenses for the administration of this subchapter and Subchapter C.
- That Was the Week That Was (#344) (maggiemcneill.wordpress.com)
- The Koch brothers’ ‘Samson option’ (sott.net)
- 14 Maine State Prison inmates earn degrees (bostonherald.com)
- Woman who killed pimp paroled from Calif. prison (fresnobee.com)
- Your Silence to My Injustice, is Injustice: My Today, Your Tomorrow – By WAY OF #NRA #KOCH Wayne LaPierre who ‘exploits people’s fears (ustaxpayerswill.wordpress.com)
- #UNITEBLUE : Assertions about ALEC’s origin and funding;Perpetuating Slavery Market in United States;stealing tax dollars to give to corporations (ustaxpayerswill.wordpress.com)
- Prison Is Your Plantation***messymandella*** (messymandella.com)
- ALEC and Prison Labor (ustaxpayerswill.wordpress.com)
- Study: Koch Brothers Could Make $100 Billion if Keystone XL Pipeline Approved (commondreams.org)
- The Koch brothers’ beer offensive against Obamacare loses its fizz | Sadhbh Walshe (theguardian.com)
- Obama Slams Citizens United and the Koch Brothers for Skewing Our Politics (politicususa.com)
- America Has Never Faced The Threat Posed by the Koch Brothers and Congressional Republicans (politicususa.com)
- Lhota Denounces de Blasio for ‘Reprehensible’ Reaction to KKK Remark (politicker.com)