In 1987, at age 34, he co-founded Columbia Hospital Corporation with two business partners; this merged with Hospital Corporation of America in 1989 to form Columbia/HCA and eventually became the largest private for-profit health care company in the U.S. He resigned as Chief Executive of Columbia/HCA in 1997 amid a controversy over the company’s business and Medicarebilling practices; the company ultimately admitted to fourteen felonies and agreed to pay the federal government over $600 million; Scott was not implicated. Scott later became a venture capitalist.
TALLAHASSEE – A divided appeals court ruled Wednesday that Florida legislators may not be questioned under oath about whether they “intended” to gain partisan advantage when they re-drew congressional maps last year.
The ruling came in one of two lawsuits challenging both the congressional and state Senate maps that lawmakers re-drew following the 2010 U.S. Census. In both cases, groups are seeking evidence and testimony to support their contention that lines were drawn by ruling Republicans with an “intent” to gerrymander.
- White Teens Dress Up as George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin for Halloween (clutchmagonline.com)
- Meet The Florida Men Who Got Dressed Up As George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin For Halloween (thesmokinggun.com)
- Trayvon Martin, George Zimmerman inspired Halloween costumes cause uproar (thegrio.com)
- Two guys in Florida thought George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin in blackface would make for funny Halloween outfits (o.canada.com)
- Trayvon Martin Costume Sparks Outrage [IMAGE] (webpronews.com)
- Trayvon Martin/George Zimmerman Costumes Spark Outrage (4umf.com)
- Christine Pelosi: Halloween Is No Excuse for Hate: Blackface Has No Place (huffingtonpost.com)
- Insensitive: Florida men dressed up as Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman for Halloween (getmybuzzup.com)
- Meet the Men Who Dressed Up as Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman For Halloween (colorlines.com)
- ‘Anything for the Laugh’: Florida Men Dress as Trayvon Martin, George Zimmerman for Halloween (mediaite.com)